Tuesday, June 12, 2007

For as much as I am missing home and kinda tired of the antics that go on in Taiwan, I am also very happy about the small things .

Yesterday I went to have my signal lights fixed on my scooter.

I was sure i needed new ones and that my old one was faulty, but when i went there, they WD-40'd them and after working the oil in it started to let go and now they are good as new.
Charge = Free. So I was thinking would i ever get a free fix back home ???

I went to renew my drivers license today, as it was a month overdue. So i readied myself for a hassle and a runaround in with the administrative minions that generally work in any government office so much that I was astonished, flabbergasted, and in utter dismay when I walked out I had to triple check my license.

Why ??
1) Government Office (usually 1 hour wait)
2) Got everything I wanted right the first time. (still oddly doubting)
3) NO CHARGE for renewing my drivers license for another year!

How does that work? I keep asking myself, a government office not charging for drivers renewal?? In a timely manner, shortly before it closes, and with immediate understanding.

Anyways I drove away in a flash to make sure no one would chase me to collect money from any mistake.

I next had to change the front brake on my scooter, i knew it had to be done, so i pressed my luck again, and again BINGO! 10 minutes, and 9 Canadian dollars later my bike was washed, lubed, and fixed.

I thought a car back home would have cost in the neighborhood of $100+.

So today I'm a happy camper.

Im a little worried about tomorrow :-(

No comments:

 
Who links to me?