Saturday, February 03, 2007

Lost a good friend two days ago.
He as at my house for the evening and we had a great time talking about everything under the sun.

We were drinking some but not a lot. He probably would have been over the legal limit, but not by much. It really didn't matter since he was on holidays for the week, and lived 2 floors above us in the same building.
At the end of the evening I said good bye and he got into the elevator and went home.

Two hours latter my cell phone rings with his name as the caller. I answered and listened as the but the hospital never tried to talk to me. Two minutes later his wife calls and tells us he is in the hospital. 2 minutes later we call back to hear his wife crying saying they are doing CPR on him.

A few minutes later he was pronounced dead.

Apparently decided he wanted to continue to have fun, and made the poor choice of driving his scooter. After a considerably more alcohol. He ended up as a mess on the road. No one else involved.

He was married to a wonderful local girl. They had just recently found out she was pregnant.

My first REAL friend in Taiwan.

My heart keeps aching, my mind questioning, and emotions from anger to despair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Randy....so so so sorry to hear of this. Please take care we will be thinking of you.

 
Who links to me?