Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Part 1 of a great week

Part 1 of a great week

So life is full of ups and downs. I was on a bit of a down for a coupe weeks, now the ride is going up.

Last week I went on a spur of the moment scooter trip by myself. I saw a picture on the back of a tourist map for a mountain and temple I had never heard of. I decided I wanted to get that same picture.

I took off at 2 pm for a place called Lion Head Mountain. This is fine and all, but the road signs are not usually in English. I knew where abouts i should be heading, so off I went.

I drove for about an hour and a half and came to an area close to where i should be, and i had to turn off a main road and onto a small mountain road. I guessed on which road i should take. I drove until i seen an English sign saying "ShihTouShan". Well I know Tou is head and Shan is Mountain. So put 2 and 3 together, and we have a maybe. Half an hour later my ass is now part of the seat, and i am no longer riding but am 'one with the scooter'.
I got tired and almost gave up on this road when i said Im going to try this smaller road that said something about a temple. I couldn't read it but it looked like a temple-ish kinda sign. Sure enough after 10 minutes I find what I was looking for.

I had to hike up the small mountain, to the temple complex.

This was my reward.


No comments:

 
Who links to me?