Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Part 2 of a Great week.

An odd turn of a typhoon on the right day at the right time, lead to a blessing in disguise.

5 months ago I had been given a formal VIP invitation to go to high end Lingerie Fashion Show as a Photographer.

As it turned out one of my students is a fashion designer for Mode Marie. Its a popular upscale womens lingerie brand. Its popular especially in Taiwan, Japan, and a couple other places which escape me just now.

Since my foray into photography, Ive wanted to touch on as many aspects in a professional setting as I could.

So I was cautiously optimistic until I made a mistake and booked off the wrong day. And the show was today which was supposed to be a busy day for me, not a good day to take off.

So out of nowhere a typhoon blows in to town just grazing the top corner of the island. The previous one was big n scary and no day off...a direct hit. This one comes and the gov't says stay home and hide, batten down the hatches, blah blah etc etc.

So day off...and then I get a call early in the morning saying the fashion show, is today and is still on...plus i have the day off....I look outside and its raining but not that big of gusts. So I'm in.

I was thinking and regretting not being able to go for a couple of weeks now... and by a whole lot of unexplainable long shots its fall into place.

Took the train in and was VIPed in, as was Nicole I might add, she was lucky enough to get in as well. The designer just said these are my special guests, and everyone had a fire lit under their bums, offering drinks and front row center seats etc....WOW

I went to where the other photographers and TV people were setting up and got a seat just off center but right in front. No prob, happy as a clam.

The show starts and I'm as nervous as it gets. I don't know why, probably the special treatment, plus I know I'm an amateur surrounded by professionals. I did feel a little embarrassed with my camera. Its not bad but I was surrounded by thousands of dollars of equipment...per person. Each guy had the Pro stuff. I felt like a six year old at a wedding with a Polaroid.
No one said much to me, and that was fine.

The lights went down and I started to click away.

( In the end....400 pictures in 20 minutes)

Here is a glimpse:





No comments:

 
Who links to me?