Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thailand Part 3

Where did i leave off...oh yes the boat came back. As scary as it was it all worked out, and i had one of the best times of my life.

After this we went to another location and did it again. This time i decided to follow the scuba divers. I followed them from above. Quite an interesting view watching people way below you, but I had good visibility and could see almost everything they did. Once again very good.

Here is a picture of the first place we went. ( Here now that I'm back in the boat you can see more boats...go figure)

The next day I made a deal with a local to take me out sightseeing around the islands.
We went out and he showed me a number of hidden beaches. Hidden not really secretive, but you'd never know if you just drove by...but small openings in the rocks leads to an inner cove.

Like this:Here is a quick snap of my local guide hard at work.That night we went into Phi Phi Town and had some supper and went to a Muay Thai Boxing Stadium to watch some action. There were 8 exciting bouts and it is something hard to explain but loads of fun and you can really see the respect the fighters have for each other. The Stadium was filler about 80 % locals and 20% foreigners. It was very authentic and not merely a simple show for tourists.

A Sunset view:

We went to Phucket a couple days later for one full day so I could get my flight home the next day. We went to Patong Beach. Wow what an experience. It was .... very safe, clean, and secure, and out of this world wild just around the corner.
The sex trade is obvious, but not overbearing. Id say its still a very comfortable area for couples and even children.
The wild places that show oodles of skin are fairly obvious, and you will not accidentally stumble into them. The rest is quite modern, will loads of nice coffee shops, restaurants, pubs, and bars.

It was quite a night.

The next day on the way home I tried out KLM again, this time the plane was there. As I was about to board, I gave the ground staff my boarding card and the computer beeped. He stopped and said something quick to another one, and they nodded. He said...oh its ok...marked out my seat number which was row 33 and wrote row 72. I was minorly concerned as to why i just got booted to the far back corner of the plane, but i didn't say anything cuz i was just happy to get on.

Then i showed the flight attendant my number and she said oh thats upstairs. Well heck I know whats upstairs, so my heart jumped. Yee Haw ...FREE business class upgrade!! Peerrffeecct.

I had a very nice flight with KLM. With my champagne, free ceramic Amsterdam model house, and I spent the 15 Euro's they gave me for free on-board duty-free merchandise, not to mention the travel kit all business class passengers get to 'freshen up'.

My flight concluded on time and as i left the plane with a smile, I was greeted by the same freezing cold, can see your breath Taiwan airport I had so happily left 10 days earlier.

The only silver lining at the end is that I was one step closer to my seeing my dogs, and eventually in a couple of weeks my beloved wife.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?