Tuesday, March 21, 2006

So I started this blog as a way to rant, rave talk chat, share and express myself. I like comments. They let me know that someone else is looking at the site.

Topic of the day. A New Job.

SO I started a new job. You know that first day of the new job. The first real working day, where you cant sleep well the night before, a little nervous. I had that. But mixed in the feeling is one of this job is at my level. I really don't have to stress out for it because i understand what it takes.
Oh don't get me wrong I will have some learning to do. But it will be in small doses.
Its nice moving from a place where the students have intrinsic motivation instead of extrinsic. I like being able to discuss world issues. As I already know how to explain why we pronounce the as "thee" sometimes and "thuh" other times. I can explain the difference between transitive and intransitive verbs. Heck i can tell you the etymology of many words, dating back to the Romans or the Germanic empire.

I have discussed new technologies coming to computers from the head of R &D in a major microchip maker. I have done business with someone in Paris for a Taiwanaese metal manufacturing company. Ive learned about importing to Taiwan, Chinese culture, and why the fourth floor in all buildings is cheaper. (ps I live on the 4th floor).

Ive made my scooter tires smoke from a burnout, Ive carried a computer desk on my scooter, and I've sang "I'm a little tea pot" in a room full of people at the top of my lungs.

And yet.....I was looking for something to do. Oh well. No more teapot crap, trading my lack of dignity for a tie. Same mediocre pay (actually its not that bad), but a little more dignity. I like that.

The flower has opened people.


No comments:

 
Who links to me?