Tuesday, December 25, 2007

So here i am merry Christmas. I had a bit of an accident....well here is the full story.

I went to our great Christmas party from work. After the awesome meal i went home to my wife who was sick. i brought her some dinner, and since she was going to bed soon, i decided to go back out. I called a cab and met up with some of the other guys from work.

We stayed out till about midnight and the left...everyone was going home except one guy he asked if anyone wanted to go for coffee. I said sure and he drove ahead, i said id walk. so far so good.
I decided to jog and was doing well i went one block then 2 and decided to cut through a new park. well it was quite dark but i could easily see the other side and i could tell that there was no one else in the park.
I truck through and before i know it there is no more sidewalk under my foot, my right foot hits the concrete and twists. I fall with my full weight landing on my arm somehow.

im stunned, dazed, and in pain. i wiggle my feet...yup sore ankle but it moves, arm 1 ok arm 2......no oak.

so i phone the guy im meeting and told him. i picked myself up and hobbled to the street..he got a cab and i went to the hospital. i think cabs are safer, faster, and more caring than ambulances here.

so in the end my injuries, sprained right thumb, sprained right ankle, cut and deep scrapes on left knee, AND dislocated elbow with 5 breaks.

Now post surgery, with plates n screws in arm and elbow I'm slowly regaining strength.

next episode....this damn DIY hospital. you wont believe what isnt included.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?