Sunday, February 01, 2009

Back from the 'Kingdom of Wonder' -  Cambodia.
I will be going through my pictures from there over the next few weeks.  

60 Gb's over 12000 pictures. As I work on them I'll put them up.  

There are some really great ones in the pile.

Here is the first picture I took in Cambodia.  It was at a Temple called Bakong.  It is outside of the main Angkor Wat area and usually requires a special tour.  I hired a tuk tuk driver for the day and got him to pick me up for sunrise and drive out to this temple.  As I pul
led up one lone boy was on a too-big-for-him bike and on his way to school.

As you can see there are no people.  I had the temple to myself.  Peaceful quiet.



I slowly climbed up the steps.  The steps are very steep, slightly slanted downward, and lightly dusted with sand making them extremely slippery. 

 I immediatly remembered one girl I saw the evening before.  She was bandaged from head to toe...or so it looked.  She had crutches, a wrapped ankle, bandages on her knee, wrist, elbows, nose, forehead, chin, and looked generally in a lot of pain.  And vividly remember her saying "This sucks." 
I thought "Note to self: Be VERY careful! Everyday! Every step! Everywhere!"



No comments:

 
Who links to me?